- Coffee Morning 14th Sept 11am-1pm at Sandy Lane Children’s Centre14th September 2018
- Celebration Fun Day at Sandy Lane15th August 2018
- Disability Awareness Day 201815th July 2018
- Party In The Park12th July 2018
- Timely Support for ASD / ADHD etc. Coffee Morning6th July 2018
- Ask Away – Transition to Adulthood and Beyond – Daytime Session3rd July 2018
- Ask Away – Transition to Adulthood and Beyond – Evening Session2nd July 2018
- Coffee Morning at MacIntyre Cafe11th May 2018
- Chat n Play at the Sensory Centre10th April 2018
- DADS – WE NEED YOU! Training Session5th April 2018
Disability Awareness Day 2018
Disability Awareness Day (“DAD”) is the world’s largest ‘not for profit’ voluntary-led disability exhibition, held annually in a huge tented village within the grounds of Walton Hall Gardens in Warrington.
Visitors to the show can expect to find around 250 exhibitors, equipment suppliers, transport, holidays, leisure, employment, support groups and services. PLUS a Sports Zone including Scuba diving, an Arts Marquee, Centre Arena and family entertainment. The show opens at 10am and finishes at 5pm, and entry is FREE with a FREE programme. You can also download a copy of last year’s programme here
Disability Awareness Day is a pan disability event which promotes a can do culture focussing on what disabled people can do throughout life and work. The show has three main aims:
- To highlight what statutory, private or voluntary services are available to enable disabled people to stay independent.
- To promote equipment and aids that could maintain or improve independence, not just what is offered by statutory service providers, we want everyone to see the best and/or latest designs
- To provide an opportunity to showcase what disabled people can do, in the field of Sport, Arts and Entertainment
As well as fulfilling all these aims every year the show also gives everyone who comes a really good day out filled with interest, fun and entertainment!
Disability Awareness Day 2018 will take place on Sunday 15th July at Walton Hall and Gardens.
The above information is taken from WDP’s fab DAD page – CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE
Event Date: Sunday 15th July 2018