- Working Together Conference 201929th March 2019
- Coffee Morning11th March 2019
- Preparing for Adulthood – Afternoon Session8th March 2019
- Preparing for Adulthood – Evening Session7th March 2019
- SEND Information Advice and Support drop in session6th March 2019
- Meet the inspectors11th December 2018
- Send Webinar Inspection11th December 2018
- WarrPAC/SENDIASS Drop In Clinic10th December 2018
- Send Inspection Webinar10th December 2018
- Say one thing – Send inspection survey7th December 2018
Disability Awareness Day 2018
Disability Awareness Day (“DAD”) is the world’s largest ‘not for profit’ voluntary-led disability exhibition, held annually in a huge tented village within the grounds of Walton Hall Gardens in Warrington.
Visitors to the show can expect to find around 250 exhibitors, equipment suppliers, transport, holidays, leisure, employment, support groups and services. PLUS a Sports Zone including Scuba diving, an Arts Marquee, Centre Arena and family entertainment. The show opens at 10am and finishes at 5pm, and entry is FREE with a FREE programme. You can also download a copy of last year’s programme here
Disability Awareness Day is a pan disability event which promotes a can do culture focussing on what disabled people can do throughout life and work. The show has three main aims:
- To highlight what statutory, private or voluntary services are available to enable disabled people to stay independent.
- To promote equipment and aids that could maintain or improve independence, not just what is offered by statutory service providers, we want everyone to see the best and/or latest designs
- To provide an opportunity to showcase what disabled people can do, in the field of Sport, Arts and Entertainment
As well as fulfilling all these aims every year the show also gives everyone who comes a really good day out filled with interest, fun and entertainment!
Disability Awareness Day 2018 will take place on Sunday 15th July at Walton Hall and Gardens.
The above information is taken from WDP’s fab DAD page – CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE
Event Date: Sunday 15th July 2018